An absolutely once-in-a-lifetime tasting opportunity through our friend, Andrew Ferguson. If you’ve ever been to one of Andrew’s events, you’ll know he pulls out all the stops. I expect this will be no less than his magnum opus. Limited to 26 lucky individuals. If you’re interested…contact Andrew ASAP.
Details (from Andrew’s site, Ferguson Whisky Tours):
Bowmore on the Rockies
November 1st – 3rd 2013 – Banff Alberta
This event won’t come as a complete surprise to everyone. I’ve been bouncing ideas off the wall for years and just a few weeks ago one finally stuck. When Bowmore launched the Black Bowmore 1964 42 Year about 4 years ago, they indicated they would be following it with White and Gold expressions. The Black was stunning; we poured it at two separate tastings, and sold close to 30 bottles of the stuff. The White was sampled in the No. 1 vaults at Bowmore and the Gold opened for a KWM event didn’t disappoint either. All the while I had a vision to put on an Epic once in a lifetime tasting of the trilogy that would draw people to it from across Canada and around the world. A sit down in store tasting or whisky dinner wouldn’t do, this range of whiskies is worth nearly $40,000.00 at auction, this would have to be a weekend extravaganza.
For about the last 2 ½ years ideas have been batted around with the good people at Bowmore and their local representatives at Lifford. Whiskies were horded and what was initially just a Trilogy tasting turned into a Trilogy +2. In the wake of the 1964 Trilogy, Bowmore released the 1964 Fino, so we set one of those aside. Around that time I managed to put my hands on one of the original Black Bowmores, the 1995 bottling. Well the time has come; these whiskies aren’t going to sit idle any longer, we’re going to open them all at a never to be repeated event November 1st and 2nd 2013.
Bowmore on the Rockies will be held in Alberta’s scenic resort town of Banff Friday November 1st and Saturday the 2nd 2013, hosted by myself along with Jamie MacKenzie (Director of Sales the Americas) and Iain Macallum (Master of Malt) of Morrison Bowmore. The price for the weekend includes 2 nights of accommodation at the Rimrock Hotel, 4 tastings, 2 dinners, a breakfast, lunch and tickets to the Banff Film Festival. A Bowmore Dinner will be held on the Friday night at a prestigious restaurant in Banff, followed by VIP seating at a dueling pianos bar. Saturday will feature Auchentoshan and Glen Garioch tastings, tickets to some Banff Film Festival screenings and the climactic Bowmore Trilogy +2 Dinner at the Rimrock. This once in a lifetime tasting is limited to just 26 participants.
Bowmore on the Rockies Nov 1-3 2013 – $1350 +GST
(for a single occupant for a standard room)
- 2 nights accommodation at the Rimrock Hotel in Banff
- 2 breakfasts
- 2 dinners
- 1 lunch
- 4 tastings including the climactic sampling of the Bowmore 1964 Trilogy + 2
- – Bowmore Black 1964 21 Year (1995 bottling)
- – Bowmore Gold 1964 44 Year
- – Bowmore White 1964 43 Year
- – Bowmore Black 1964 42 Year
- – Bowmore Fino Cask 1964 46 Year
- Space is limited to 26 whisky drinking participants.
- Room upgrades are available on request.
- Couples or guests sharing a room with another participant can save up to $400 on the second ticket.
- A limited number of companion spots for spouses/partners who will not be drinking whisky, but will be attending the dinners are available at an add on price of $500 +GST. This includes wine.
- Payment can be made by cheque made out to Ferguson Whisky Tours, or through PayPal on request.
- Registration is non-refundable.
Thanks for the post Curt. Response has been truly remarkable. About 23/26 spots have been reserved in just 3 days… Don’t expect the rest will last long!
Awesome news. Good on ya.